Wednesday 1 September 2010

Picks from Ninja Tune XX (20th Sept)


20th September see's the massive 6 CD boxset from Ninja Tune. I can't remember anything this epic being released in a long time, and I hate using that epic word, makes me cringe.

These are a couple of my picks of the 6 CD's...

First up is Dark Sky's 'Leave'. The minute and a bit intro leads you straight into a wall of colourful sound on the drop and future garagey beats, ghosting snare and snappy percussion. It's just bloody lovely! I fell in love with it back when I heard it a good five months ago...

Leave - forthcoming on Ninja Tune by Dark Sky

Next up is Eskmo's 'Cloudlight'. Such a captivating and haunting voice over these clanky claps, bubble FX and pads that make you think War of the Worlds might've actually happened. All represented by this beautiful video, enjoy.



...More picks to be added

No comments:

Post a Comment