Tuesday 21 September 2010

Eskmo - 'Eskmo'


The thumping kicks, the stuttering, layered claps, husky robot-like voice and the overall haunting textures on the sounds that Eskmo uses will follow you through the album. I've heard some say that the album can used as nice backdrop music, but not much more and I don't agree with that. I think maybe 14 tracks is a bit of a push for the listener to get through with this specific sound but the album is bloody gorgeous. my favourite tracks on the album apart from Cloudlight and My Gears Are Starting To Tremble that I'e been listening to for quite a while, are probably 'Starships as it instantly reminded me of a Starkey production and the beautiful piano-riddled 'Siblings'. Make your own mind up though, and purchase the album out through Ninja Tune from October 4th. 


While you wait, check out the long awaited video for 'Land and Bones' thats out now on Warp Records, featuring Swan, check it out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment